Saturday, October 23, 2010

I want to be a cop.....


I read and take part in a few "forums", I think they can be useful, full of information and fun. Jeep Forums, Fitness Forums, Gun Forums, etc., I'm a forum junkie.
I came across an interesting thread in a jeep forum's off topic section lately. A member was wanting to change his career and go into local LE at the age of 33 and he was looking for advise.

The response from other members, some cops, some not, seemed strange and hollow to me. A few suggested being a firefighter over a cop, some advised to start in other fields like corrections.

This was my post
Some things to consider:
# SOME PEOPLE WILL THANK YOU
# SOME PEOPLE WILL HATE YOU WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING YOU
# YOU WILL SEE DEATH AND HEARTACHE
# YOU WILL SEE HOW THE SYSTEM FAILS MOST PEOPLE AND HELPS A FEW OTHERS
# YOU WILL PUT YOUR LIFE AND SAFETY AT RISK
# YOU WILL SLOWLY GROW TO HATE AND DISTRUST MOST PEOPLE
# YOU WILL BE BORED MOST OF THE TIME
# YOU WILL FIND SOME GREAT BROTHERS TO WORK WITH
# OTHER PEOPLE WILL TREAT YOU DIFFERENT, YOU ARE THE COP AT THE PARTY
# YOU WILL SEE OTHER COPS THAT MAKE IT DIFFICULT FOR EVERYONE
# YOU WILL MAKE A LOT OF MISTAKEs; IF YOUR LUCKY YOU WILL GET SECOND CHANCES
# YOU ARE HUMAN BUT OTHERS WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THAT
# YOU MUST WANT TO DO THE JOB
# IT IS LIKE NO OTHER JOB ON THE PLANET, FOR GOOD AND BAD

My 2cents

No comments: