Sunday, February 1, 2009

Heart Reat Monitor

I use a polar heart rate monitor that allows me to, not only monitor my heart rate during exercise, but I can download the data onto my computer for further analyses. This is great for serious athletes and novices like the rest of us. For me it helps motivate me and keep me interested. Polar makes lots of cool tech to help you reach your goals check them out here .



Here is a sample of my heart rate during a spin class at the gym.

The graph helps you see how hard you are working, the peaks in the red are around 85% of my max.

To get your heart rate estimates click here.

2 comments:

Troy Surewood said...

What kind of analysis can you do on it though? How can you tell if your getting fitter for example?

B. Burnett said...

Markers such as average heart rate and time in your HR zones can be a simple way to use the data. If you run the same 3 miles and your average heart rate drops then that would show a def improvement. This reminds me: I need to get back to some cardio